GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE (BRIEF):
The Logistics Officer will provide essential support to the field to ensure smooth and efficient logistics and supply chain
operations. This role is important in assisting the timely and cost-effective procurement, transportation, and distribution of
goods and materials required for our humanitarian and development projects in challenging field environments.
PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY SUPPORT:
• assist in local procurement activities, including sourcing suppliers, obtaining quotes, and liaising with vendors.
• support in maintaining detailed procurement records and documentation.
• assist in ensuring procurement complies with organizational policies and donor requirements.
• Follow all the payment for his based on daily basis.
• Update the procurement tracker for his area.
• Follow the needs for the programs regarding their PRs on weekly basis.
• Review all the Payment documents before submitted to Finance.
• Archive all the Purchase dossiers according to AFH policy.
• Follow remotely with team on daily basis.
• Assist the manager to develop and create the call for tender or proposal.
TRANSPORTATION AND DISTRIBUTION SUPPORT:
• coordinate transportation arrangements for the delivery of goods to project sites within challenging field
• assist in tracking and scheduling shipments to ensure timely delivery.
• help in ensuring strict compliance with transportation regulations and customs procedures.
• responsible for the maintenance and running of fleet, ensuring that the drivers.
• carry out daily/weekly maintenance requirements.
• organize movements of cars as per programmes needs
WAREHOUSING AND STORAGE ASSISTANCE:
• provide support in managing field warehouses and storage facilities, ensuring secure and organized storage of
• assist in enforcing proper storage and handling procedures, especially for sensitive or perishable materials.
• make sure the WH procedure is followed and implemented.
• Ensure equipment management systems/reports are up-to-date and maintained as per AFH procedures.
• carry out an annual asset check.
• maintain an asset registry it and communications:
• Ensure that all procurement of computers, software, printers is efficient, costeffective, and meets requirements.
• maintenance of computers (hardware and software), and other communications
and technical equipment of the organization.
• Distribute communications equipment and manage phone credit system.
Manage suppliers' file and database:
• Carry out market and supplier survey on base when requested.
• Update suppliers list and master file for this Area
• Prepare supplier evaluation document for SCLM approval for pre-qualification.
Assignment: Other Miscellaneous Responsibilities
• Respect of AFH Charter and internal rules
• Write in Monthly Reporting
• Be committed to participate to any other work to achieve the project goal.
• Can support in case of emergency purchases or any increase of the procurement activities.
• Any other work duties assigned by Field Manager within scope of logistic issues.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in logistics, supply chain management, engineering, or a related field.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of procurement processes, customs regulations, and transport logistics.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in logistics and supply chain management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Adaptability and willingness to work under challenging field conditions.
• Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams in field operations.
• Ability to learn and apply logistics procedures in a field setting
Interested candidates can send their updated CVs & cover letters to the following email address:
Please make sure to include the following job code AFH-EBL-SCLO-23 within the email's title as applications without a job code won't be considered.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the vacancy can be filled prior to the stated closing date.
All applicants are subject to a satisfactory screening check and 3 professional references.
Action for humanity doesn’t discriminate in its recruitment process against any race, religion, or gender and maintains a transparent recruitment process.
Action for Humanity is committed to maintaining all necessary safeguarding measures to protect and promote the well-being of all individuals who have a direct and/or indirect relationship with the organization and expects all staff, volunteers, consultants, and suppliers to share this commitment.
The humanitarian intervention of Action for Humanity has no political, or religious affiliation nor has any monetary purpose