Under the general guidance of the Head, Preparedness and Response Division, the overall supervision of the Project Officer (CCCM), the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO), and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (CCCM), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for delivering the below responsibilities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Routinely inspects the condition of all equipment, including doors and windows, as well as the general condition of the office premises and reports any damage or deficiency.
- Checks that all office machines, air conditioners, lights, etc are turned off after working hours.
- Patrol assigned areas; maintain continual surveillance against fire, water leakage, and any other action that could damage IOM premises or injure staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- School diploma and at least one year of relevant experience in security management,
Experience and Skills:
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in high security/emergency settings is an advantage.
- Excellent observation skills and the ability to remain vigilant during night hours of duty.
- Integrity, honesty, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Good communication skills to effectively interact with supervisors and staff.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.