Under the general guidance of the Senior Operations Coordinator (Ret&Recov), the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Transition&Recov), the administrative supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) and the direct supervision of the Team Leader, the Livelihood Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting programs related to return and recovery under the area of responsibility as below:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of all activities in the area of operations, under the livelihood portfolio of the Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) as guided by the Team Leader, in line with livelihoods technical tools.
- Participate in assessments including labor market assessments and supply chain mapping, under the guidance of the Team Leader and Program Coordinator.
- Assist in the mapping of service providers for Vocational Training, On-Job-Training, Job Placement, and Farming Training as required.
- Support coordination with potential private companies for the implementation of job placements, and On-Job-Training.
- Assist in the appropriate selection of project beneficiaries by conducting interviews, registering, and profiling applicants using specific criteria.
- Support IOM selected individuals by organizing and participating in orientation meetings, business trainings, and/or one- to-one counseling sessions as necessary and support them in the formulation of their business plans.
- Travel to project sites on a regular basis to monitor individuals who have received IOM livelihoods assistance, verify that activities are being carried out in accordance with livelihoods guidelines and provide feedback to the Team Leaders in order to make necessary improvements or changes to livelihoods service delivery.
- Support the monitoring of quality and quantity of tools and equipment that are delivered to implement project activities.
- Support the implementation of satisfaction and feedback surveys to improve future livelihoods projects.
- In coordination with the Team Leader, assist in the liaison with relevant government authorities, business associations and private sector companies to implement IOM’s livelihoods projects.
- Monitor achievements in accordance with work plans and report progress to the Livelihoods Team and Team Leader to improve delivery of livelihoods assistance.
- In coordination with the Information Management (IM) unit, maintain accurate and up-to-date beneficiary data in the IOM Information Management System.
- Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including those related to community engagement, and engineering.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- University degree in business, economics or social science from an accredited academic university or
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender point and experience with international organization is an adva
- Excellent communication and negotiation Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Certified skills in business development management capacity building support are advantageous.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds, ability to handle confidential
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under
- Fluency in English, and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of any other language is an advantage.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.