1. Role and responsibilities
- Support and Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at the area level
- Support the adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line supervisors in procedures and require support team training
- Support the supervisor for the Management of Area offices financial team
- Support the management to Implement the anti-corruption policy
- Lead Cash and Bank management of the area office, including the cash forecasting.
- Management of the bank account of Area office. And making the forecast for the projected data.
- Make sure that financial internal controls are in place while the banking and cash system is working.
- Post the entries on daily basis to Agresso. Make sure that Data has proper correct codes and as per the project documents.
- Prepare the regular Agresso Bank reconciliations for all the balance sheet items.
- Ensure proper close of the projects and year end closure.
- Enter the Agresso rebooking, and keeping proper record of it.
- Devise a system so that all the vouchers are safely preserved.
- Train the staff on the Agresso and other financial tools.
- Verify the purchase requests and payment requests
- Download the BvA monthly basis and share with the relevant staff
- Prepare the Project BVAs and do any rebooking, with the supporting documents
- Support drafting of new budgets. Check the Agresso for any reclassification.
- Develop, Implement and maintain effective office administrative systems and procedures whilst ensuring that controls are monitored and reinforced.
- Responsible for applications and renewals of licenses with the relevant government authorities.
- Process leases for the office and guest houses and follows up on renewal and termination of the leases.
- Ensure office supplies and stationery are bought and keep a record for their inventory.
- Ensure all payments of utility bills for office and guest houses; water, electricity, and security are processed on time.
- Assist Support Manager in Administration related issues
- Any other tasks as requested by the Support Manager.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- 2 years’ work experience from working as a Finance officer in a humanitarian/recovery context will be preferred.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency of English and Arabic is required
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in equivalent fields
- Knowledge about keeping the bank accounts and record keeping
- Knowledge & experience of working in Agresso accounting system
- Past experience of working in middle-east or Iraq
- Other languages are plus.
- Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
Interested candidates can apply through the link below: