IOM is a major actor in post-conflict recovery and reconstruction, and as such is heavily involved in livelihood development and job-creation programming. IOM’s strengths lie in its field presence around the country and operational capacity to rebuild community infrastructure, conduct vocational and other trainings, providing grand funding at local level to support business development and a variety of other areas key to recovery.
Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Program Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Senior Livelihood Programme Associate, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting programs related to return and recovery under the area of responsibility as below:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of all activities under the livelihood’s portfolio of the Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) as guided by the Team Leader, in line with livelihoods technical
- Participate in assessments including labor market assessments and supply chain mapping, under the guidance of the Senior Livelihood Programme Associate and Program Coordin
- Assist in the mapping of service providers for Vocational Training, On-Job-Training, Job Placement, and Farming Training as
- Identify and coordinate with potential private companies for the implementation of job placements, and On-Job-Training.
- Support appropriate selection of project beneficiaries by conducting interviews, registering, and profiling applicants using specific criteri
- Support IOM selected individuals by facilitating orientation meetings, business trainings, and/or one- to-one counseling sessions as necessary and support them in the formulation of their business
- Travel to project sites on a regular basis to monitor individuals who have received IOM livelihoods assistance, ensure that activities are being carried out in accordance with livelihoods guidelines and provide guidance to the Senior Livelihood Programme Associate in order to make necessary improvements or changes to livelihoods service
- Verify distributions of tools and equipment for both quality and quantity and that relationship management with vendors is maintained in project
- Organize and conduct satisfaction and feedback surveys in order to improve future livelihoods pro
- In coordination with the Senior Livelihood Programme Associate, coordinate with the relevant government authorities, business associations and private sector companies to implement IOM’s livelihoods
- Monitor achievements in accordance with work plans and report progress to the Livelihoods Team and Team Leader to improve delivery of livelihoods assista
- Coordinate with field staff and the Information Management (IM) unit to maintain up-to-date and accurate beneficiary data in the IOM
- Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including those related to community engagement, shelter and
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, business management from an accredited academic university or
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender point and experience with international organization is an adva
- Excellent communication and negotiation
- Ability to present clear and concise informati
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds, ability to handle confidential
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is
- Any other language is an
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.