The main task of the Finance & Admin Officer based in Kirkuk is to provide daily support to the operation of the Finance Department and HR Department of the PIN mission in Iraq. The workload within both departments is divided 75% of time dedicated to Finance related tasks and 25% of time dedicated to HR related tasks.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL REPORTING LINES
Under overall supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance & Admin Officer based in Kirkuk is responsible for processing cash operations, issuing and archiving related finance documentation as well as providing support with coordination and archiving documents related to staff employment, leaves evidence, archiving personnel folders and other tasks specified bellow. The Finance & Admin Officer regularly and closely cooperates with Finance and HR departments in Erbil office of PIN.
- To maintain IQD and USD cash registers in accordance with PIN procedures
- To conduct cash operations for the needs of the office upon complete and proper documentation is received with all necessary approvals and signatures, including frequent travels to PIN suppliers
- To issue and archive relevant support documents like Cash Advance Requests, Cash Advance Clearances and other cash register documents
- To monitor, whether all financial documents like invoices and cash settlements on assigned cash registers are in line with PIN requirements
- To upload all relevant documentation (invoices, supporting documentation and Hawala confirmations) related to assigned type of invoices into SharePoint
- To conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly physical cash inventories and document them accordingly
- To ensure closure of all pending and not posted documents in cash register by the end of week
- To check posted cash register documents, in case of mistake to arrange correction with Erbil accountancy unit
- To send original documents to PIN office in Erbil on regular basis
- To support training of new staff to prepare Cash Advance Requests and Cash Advance Clearances and others related to accounting necessary documentation
- To ensure the Financial Security Rules are followed at any time
- To provide inputs to regular updates of HR database of staff maintained in Erbil in real time (e.g. Share Point)
- To provide inputs to regular update of the Annual Leave Register of local staff
- To collect personnel documents of the team to be archived in HR personnel folders, both in hard copies and soft copies
- Ensure HR documentation, including signed contracts and leave requests, is collected from staff and sent to Erbil Office in a timely manner
- To print out Staff Attendance Sheets, distribute them to each team, check them for accuracy and collect signed documents on weekly basis
- To coordinate issuing of staff ID cards
- To support the administration of staff contracts and its amendments and ensure their upload (together with relevant attachments) to Share point and ELO
- To coordinate the onboarding and induction process, including briefings on cash operations and HR procedures, for new staff
GENERAL EMPLOYEES OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays
- Adhering to all PIN policies and procedures at all times including those stipulated in National Staff Handbook, Child Protection Policy, Security Standard Operating procedures, etc.
- Punctual attendance to work including both working hours in the assigned office and schedule field trips if applicable
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of tasks
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks
- The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness. The Agreement of Liability of Assets has been signed separately
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to their supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained from employment within not publicly available
- Archiving of all entrusted and acquired documents in proper manner
- Representing and upholding the values of People in Need at all times
- Behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places
University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment;
At least 1-2 years of experience from in Finance.
Fluency in English and Arbaic.
Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Document management system experience will be a plus;
Financial Analysis- ability to analyze financial data, interpret trends, and provide insights to informdecision-making.
Budgeting and Forecasting- basic skills in developing budgets, financial forecasts, and varianceanalysis to ensure effective financial planning.
Financial Reporting-Capable of preparing and presenting accurate and timely financial reports
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by latest 08th December 2023 via a link:
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Early Applications are encouraged as the suitable Candidate might be Selected before the Application Deadline. People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Early applications are encouraged as the suitable candidate might be selected before the application deadline
Finally, please consider that this appointment is subject to the final project approval from the donor.